It’s 1:30 AM and suddenly I’m woken up from glass shattering screams. Makenna is up and very hungry apparently. I knew me letting her fall asleep at 7pm would catch up to me and it definitely did. I wish I would have gone to bed early. Staying up til midnight to catch up on DVR’d shows now seems incredibly stupid. I quickly jump out of bed and pick her up to calm her down. After being changed and warming up her bottle its finally time to be fed. She guzzled down the milk very quickly which I hoped meant we would not be up for much longer. Once finished I began to try and rock her to sleep. Slowly she closed her eyes and just as I hoped, she was asleep. I started to walk up the stairs and due to my shadow being seen by one of the dogs a loud bark came out. “Maybe she didn’t hear it.” I thought to myself. Then…”Whhhhaaaaa…” came belting out. Yup she’s awake. I sat back down and attempted to rock her back to sleep but by now she was wide awake. By 4AM I had finally succeed at getting her to sleep. I was so exhausted. Still as I laid Makenna down in her crib I couldn’t help but just stare at her while she slept. She seemed so peaceful. Like a perfect little angel.
7AM my alarm clock goes off. “No!” I want to sleep longer. As I go to hit the snooze button, “Whhhhaaaa!”. Too late. She’s already up. I managed to get ready pretty fast, fed her and had everything ready to go in time for work. I decided to set her down in her bouncer so I could run outside and get the car started. After all, with this Texas weather she’s already sweating by the time I get her carseat in. I walk back upstairs pick her up and head for the carseat so I can get her buckled in. Pause….”What’s that smell?” I look down and what do I find? She has EXPLODED in her diaper. It’s all over her and all over me. “No Makenna.” She giggles. I head straight for the bedroom so we can get her changed and cleaned up. That was a challenge in itself. It was everywhere. I struggled to figure out how to get her outfit off without getting any in her hair. Once I put on her new diaper and thought I was in the clear she kicked as hard as she could and her foot landed right in the dirty diaper. YUCK! I quickly grabbed the diaper and pushed it further away but by mistake dropped it onto the carpet. Great! One more thing to clean up. 20 minutes later after we were both changed and ready I began to walk back down the stairs to leave. A loud belch comes out suddenly. I look down and she’s just thrown up all down my shoulder and back. “ARE YOU SERIOUS?” I ask her. She looks up with the biggest grin and laughs. Time to change again!
45 Minutes after I first thought I was ready to leave I finally am able to walk out the door. She’s strapped in, I begin to back out of the driveway and I remember I didn’t put any perfume on. That’s okay, I have a body spray I keep in my purse. I pull it out to spray myself and it shoots out into my eye. Lovely………
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment