“Down through history men have always been measured by how hard they work and cultivated how well the protected their wife and children. In the old days women saw their men as conquerors, providers, heroes. But somewhere along the line that changed, women started to become their own hero, maybe it was because their man forgot to be relic or because women don't want to be protected anymore or maybe women had to be their own hero because of the pain they had to endure in life. But whatever the cause, the world took away a man's reason for being a man. It told him he wasn't important anymore and when that happened, it turned the whole world upside down.” D Johnson
I must say I completely agree with this. Ladies, I think we’ve lost our way some what when it comes to proving that we’re strong and independent. You have your own house, own car, 2 degrees, and a nice six figure salary yet you still haven’t found love? In your mind you’re blaming it on the men. “They can’t handle a strong woman like myself.” “They want a weak woman to control so they can cover up their own insecurities within themselves.” I’m not saying this doesn’t happen but I don’t think it’s always the case. Yes you should be proud of all that you’ve accomplished and I don’t think you should ever be completely submissive to a man but sometimes you have to tone it down a bit. Let him know that you still do need and want his help with things around the house. Don’t let him see you without your make-up on and rollers in your hair everyday. Surprise him by actually having dinner waiting for him when he returns home from work regardless of the type of day you’ve had. Try and get away at least once a week for alone time. Whether that be a walk in the park or dinner and a movie. Surprise him with something sexy when the kids are away. I know you’re probably saying, “She’s crazy if she thinks I’m gonna make him dinner after I’ve been at work all day too.” It all goes back to the roles we play though. Just like we take care of home so do they. Men this means you need to step it up as well and provide for your family. Don’t put financial burdens completely on your wife and expect her to do the things listed above as well. You’re a team and you need to be doing your part too. If the bills aren’t getting paid you need to get out and get another job or two, whatever it takes to make sure your family is provided for. I get tired of watching some of my friends work 2-3 jobs while their husbands get to sit at home all day. Then when they get home their still stuck cooking dinner, taking care of their kids/husbands all while their men get to sit at home and do nothing. That is not the strong independent woman I want to be. I made this mistake in the past and it got me no where. I want to be financially secure on my own before entering my next relationship but I don’t want that to be the reason someone chooses me. I want him to know I’m a good mother, I’ve mastered all the daily tasks of a 50’s housewife however I do have a mind of my own. I can stand my own in a room full of his colleagues, hang with the boys for football Sunday, keep it classy when we’re out on the town, and definitely fulfill all of his needs in the bedroom. Am I this woman yet? Not completely and that is why I’ve chosen to take myself out of the dating scene.
Instead of blaming men for not being able to handle someone like me I want to fix where I’ve failed in the past. I don’t want to settle for a weak man because I don’t want to step up my game and be the type of woman I know I can be. I want to be every bit of a PHENOMENAL woman. There is a reason that today’s divorce rate is up to 50% and rising. We need to stop being so concerned with our own independence and start trying to keep a happy home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment