Saturday, February 13, 2010

Distance from Lamonte

Well I finally received a voicemail from Lamonte regarding Makenna. Keep in mind this is AFTER I emailed him letting him know he really didn't have to be in her life because it didn't seem like he wanted to be anyways. His voicemail basically asked what he needed to do in order to be on her birth certificate. Is he serious? He hasn't even asked how she has been since the day she was born. I wrote back and give him the information on how to be added to the birth certificate against my better judgement and what do you know...haven't heard from him since. Am I wrong for being so angry with him? I guess its just that I have had to listen to everyone bad mouth him during my pregnancy and I've always stopped them and reminded them that while he disappeared shortly after finding out I was pregnant he never technically said he wouldn't take care of her. In fact, he told me over and over again he wanted to be part of her life. So when he told me he was coming to town the weekend I was scheduled to have her I thought he was following through with his promises. However, when the day finally came he didn't show up and only called for a few short seconds after I delivered. I didn't even get to give him her stats before the nurse asked me to get off the phone. I told him to call me back in the next few minutes, he said okay but then I never heard from him again. Not until 2 weeks later when I received the voicemail regarding the birth certificate. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing in telling him just to continue to stay away but everytime I look at her I can't stand to think she may have to deal with him in the future. Do I think he would love her? Yes. But, do I really want to put her through him coming and going? I thought I could handle it and just let her make her own decisions but its so hard now that she's finally here. They say a mother will do anything to protect her child and I finally know exactly how that feels. I look at Makenna everyday and all of the people who love and care for her. She's adorable and such a sweetheart. I don't understand how someone could NOT want to be part of her life and well that is what Lamonte has shown. As a father you'd think he'd want to check up on her and make sure she's doing well but that has not happened. Maybe he does care but if so, he has a strange way of showing it. No one knows what the future holds but one thing is for sure. She is a blessing and the only good thing that ever came out of our relationship. I will continue to try my best to keep her from getting hurt but I will admit distancing her from him is going to be hard. I wanted so badly for him to be in her life and I will always wonder what it would have been like for her to be close with him. I truly hope I'm doing the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment