Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Online Dating: Happy Ending or Horror Story???

Now that things are starting to fall into place with Makenna and she’s on a regular schedule life is finally somewhat back to normal. The only thing missing…my love life. I don’t feel like I’m ready to be in a relationship yet but I definitely miss the companionship aspect of it. Moving back in with my mother has made me completely uncomfortable with attempting to date. How do you tell a man, “Yes, I’m single with a 4 month old and even though I’m 26 years old I just moved back home with my mother.” ??? That doesn’t sound very appealing. Due to this, I’ve kept to myself and not really pursued any advances that have been made my way. The problem is that I have found myself growing frustrated and wanting to get out and do things with the opposite sex more and more. Finding love overall is what we all want. However, right now all I’m wanting is to meet someone who I can date. “Date” meaning…go see a movie, have dinner, football game etc with. Just someone to have a good time with and if something sparks romantically then we can take it from there. Until I feel better about my financial/living situation I can’t say I’m ready for a “boyfriend”. For me to consider someone my “boyfriend” I need for him to be bringing a lot to the table because I plan to as well. My weight is also an issue. I want to be physically in better shape than I am. I’m slowly working on that now but I don’t think I’d feel comfortable being considered someone’s girlfriend until I’m happy with that as well. So once I feel like I’m able to give my all…then I can say I’m ready for a relationship. For now….I’m ready to date!




So my next dilemma, where the heck do I find someone? I don’t really go out that often so meeting someone in a bar/club is out. There are absolutely NO men at work that are near my age so that won’t work either. Church? Well everyone at my family’s church is married or 80 years old. Gym? Yeah um not until I lose 100 pounds so I can compete with all the skinny bitches there. Lol So yeah…next option is the internet right? Hmmm…not so sure how I feel about that. I have many friends that have joined some of the online dating sites. I’ve heard happy endings and I’ve heard horror stories. Horror stories outweighing the happy endings. I guess I need to do a little more research on the subject but I’m curious as to what ya’ll think about it. I figure at least in my profile I can put exactly what I’m wanting (which isn’t much at the moment). That way there is no way that any prospect could be confused as to what I’m looking for. There have been too many times recently that I’ve had to explain to men that I DO NOT want a relationship yet. And then the ones who understand that, then think that I’m one of those women who really want a BOOTY CALL. Let me make myself clear….I DO NOT want a BOOTY CALL.



So ladies/gentleman….what do ya’ll think? Online dating or not? Any suggestions? Opinions would be great right now. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment