Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 - It's resolution time....

WOW!  I can't believe how quickly this year has gone by.  I've been through so much this year and I'm so grateful to have the friends and family that I have around me.  Having Makenna was a huge milestone for me and I absolutely LOVE being a mother.  I feel like I've grown alot this year but there is still so much I want to improve on.  So I'm making a rather large resolution this year.  My New Year's resolution for 2011 is to improve overall mind, body, & soul.  I know that doesn't sound like a big resolution but here's why I say it will be.  I've created a list of things I want to do, need to do, or know that I want to improve on.  Some might say it seems a little silly but they are definitely things I need to work on.  I plan on reviewing this list from time to time to make sure that I'm sticking with them so that I can keep up with my resolution. 


  • Eat healthier.  I'd like to try and eat more organic and less processed foods.  I also need to watch my caloric intake so that I can lose the weight I want to lose this year.
  • Meet my WW goal this year of 70lbs.
  • Go to the gym on a regular basis.
  • Attend church more frequently and find a permanent church for Makenna.
  • Avoid using so many curse words.
  • Create a better schedule for myself and my daughter.
  • Learn to cook.
  • Stay well manicured (hair, nails, etc).
  • Revamp my wardrobe.
  • Read more / Less tv.
  • Dedicate more time to my blog.
  • Take at least 1 out of state trip.
  • Take at least 2 trips within Texas.
  • Create a savings for myself and for Makenna.
  • De-clutter my house.
  • Set up a monthly brunch for the girls so we can have adult time.  =)
  • Become more tech savvy with my iPad.
  • Stay more on top of everyone's birthdays and special occasions.
  • Take Makenna to at least 2 different zoos.
  • Visit more dog parks with Asia.
  • Work on being more punctual.
  • Avoid saying things such as hate, shut up, retard, loser, etc.
  • Be a better mom to Makenna and spend more quality time with her.
  • Go back to school.
  • Learn and practice meditation.
  • Find love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment