Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve 2011

Originally I planned on staying at home with Makenna for a nice quiet night far far away from all the drunks.  I figured I'd put her to bed early, watch a movie ring in the New Year at home alone.  Well...
CHANGE OF PLANS!  =)

We ended up going to dinner at Blue Oak Grill which was super yummy with all of my family that was in town.  They had a live band there and Makenna loved the music.  She had so much fun laughing and dancing around.  Afterwards we went to Chess & Maggie's house for their annual NYE party.  They are our old neighbors and since I've known them they've always thrown the best parties.  Usually its the adults inside and all the "kids" outside playing beer pong.  I was kinda worried since there is so much alcohol involved at their parties but it was a great night.  Makenna fit right in with everyone.  She particularly enjoyed watching the beer pong going on in the garage.  lol  I was going to leave a little early but with her wide awake and having so much fun we went ahead and stayed for the countdown.  At midnight I had my daughter in one arm and carefully held on to my glass of champagne with the other.  And when everyone received their New Year's kiss I got mine from the most important person in my life.  =)  This by far has been the best NYE ever.  I will make sure and post pics soon!  Happy 2011!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment