Monday, August 3, 2009

The Beginning

Well let's see if I can catch you up on this past year. My now ex and I officially broke up in March of this year (2009 ). We will call him "David". David and I were together for almost two years and our first year was the best time of my life. I couldn't have been happier. We were so in love and we'd even discussed marriage. He had even talked to my mom about buying me a ring. We moved in together in August of 2008. We had a wonderful first month and then my birthday came around. That's when I first found out that "David" was not so perfect. It turns out this man who I thought had shared everything with me had not been so honest. I found emails and pictures of a little girl and a little boy the day of my birthday. These were his children who he had hidden from me the first year of our relationship. It turns out he had a son in San Antonio and a daughter in Florida and he never planned on telling me. I know you're thinking, "Run girl..." but well I loved him. I begged him to tell me any other secrets he'd been hiding then so we could move past everything and he informed me of some legal issues that I won't discuss on here but that definitely impacted his life. I took it all in and thought long and hard about the situation. Did I want to have to never have a financially stable life with him due to all of the child support? Could I handle being a step mom if I married him? Ultimately I loved him and so the decision came easy. Yes, I was willing to stick it out with him. What I didn't know was that it would all go down hill from here....

No comments:

Post a Comment